Klonoa: Dream Traveller of Noctis Sol
|Release Date:||September 26, 2012|
|Based on:||Klonoa series|
The online comic is updated on Wednesdays on Shiftlook.com starting September 26, 2012, and later updated on both Wednesdays and Fridays. With the site preparing to close however, the comic ended on March 14, 2014, leaving the story unresolved for the unforeseeable future.
- Ghadius (flashback)
- Nahatomb (flashback)
- King of Sorrow (flashback)
- The High Priestess
- Tenebrae Hue
- Mini-Multi Minions
- Various unnamed creatures
- Nightmare Klonoa
Season one begins with Klonoa telling the reader about his past adventures, making reference to the Klonoa games, Klonoa Beach Volleyball, Klonoa: Door to Phantomile and Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil. As Klonoa is sleeping, he is woken up by loud noises outside. There he meets Huepow who informs him about new enemies attacking Phantomile known as Nighty-Knights. Klonoa and Huepow once again join forces to escape from their pursuers, and once out of harm's way, Klonoa wonders if his friends in other worlds are alright from possible attacks by the Nighty Nights.
In Lunatea, a massive swarm of Nighty-Knights rain down from the skies in preparation for conquest.The High Priestess shows doubt as she believes that they cannot defeat the Nighty Nights. Prior to this, Lolo informs The High priestess that they shouldn't give up as she sends Popka out to get help.
Back at Klonoa, Tenebrae Hue begins summoning creatures from different universes out into Phantomile, and one of these creatures is Popka. Noticing his old friend, Klonoa immediately goes and rescues him. Tenebrae Hue being surprised that Klonoa was able to live that long decides to launch the Nightmare Missile. Klonoa leaves his ring behind for Popka and Huepows safety, but his two companions insist on staying with Klonoa until the very end. The season ends with Klonoa and Popka hanging on to the Nightmare Missile while Huepow is safe in Klonoa's ring.
The Season begins with Klonoa, Popka, and Huepow still traveling through the dream void to where they appear in a different world. As Klonoa and company try to think about where they are, a mysterious figure scorns and demands to know who they are. The Figure is revealed to be Guntz who puts Klonoa at gunpoint having lost all of his memory of Klonoa. As Klonoa tried to help Guntz remember him, Guntz informed that they are in "Guntzland" and Klonoa cannot tell him what to do. The bounty hunter attacks Klonoa, Popka and Huepow, driving them out of his dream world.
They soon stumbled upon Chipple's dream where the kangaroo is a confident fighter apart from his nice and nervous self. Chipple has no memory of Klonoa and mistakes him as his next challenger in his boxing match. When the group attempts to escape Chipple, he transforms into his monster form and attacks. Klonoa, Huepow and Popka were able to escape back into the dream void, and were transported to a black and white world. They hear a crying voice and follow it to a stronghold protected by Moos. After defeating the enemies, the trio enter the stronghold and find the source of the cry. Lolo was trapped in a nightmare, being tormented by a dark lookalike of Klonoa called Nightmare Klonoa.
After an intense struggle, Klonoa manages to inflate and temporarily suspend his dark doubleganger. He rescues Lolo, and when she begins to wake up, Klonoa, Huepow and Popka follow her back to Lolo's reality in Lunatea, unaware that Nightmare Klonoa recovered and was contacted by a mysterious voice. After repelling an attack by Knighty-Nights, Klonoa and Lolo are confronted by Tenebrae Hue, who then summoned Guntz, Chipple and Nightmare Klonoa to destroy Klonoa...
- As concept art shows, Klonoa's shirt originally had two white stripes on the front.
- The webcomic marks the first time Klonoa's homeworld (or rather, his house in his homeworld) is shown.
- A picture of Pac-Man can be seen on the wall above Klonoa's bed.
- The Pac-Man seen in the picture is taken straight from the poster of the original Pac-Man arcade game.
- Klonoa's line of "I don't think we're in Phantomile anymore" is a reference to The Wizard of Oz.
- In the strip "Paper-Scissors-Stupid", Klonoa's gloves are mistakenly colored brown.
- Due to Hitoshi Ariga being hired by Nintendo to design Pokemon for Pokemon X and Y, 13 strips of Season 2 are illustrated by Jeffry "Chamba" Cruz.
- As such, these strips have a completely different art style than the rest of the comic.
- Lolo being trapped in a bubble may be a reference to the Phantomillian Prisoners from Door to Phantomile.
|Klonoa: Door to Phantomile - Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil|
|Klonoa: Moonlight Museum - Klonoa: Empire of Dreams - Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament|
- Klonoa Beach Volleyball - Klonoa Heroes: Legend of the Star Medal - Klonoa: Dream Traveller of Noctis Sol
|Namco X Capcom|